Temperatures can drop to extremely low levels during winter and can cause pipes in your home to freeze. When there’s a sudden rise in temperature this can cause frozen pipes to burst. In order to help prevent burst pipes you can take the following steps:
- Insulate your boiler and lag the pipes.
- Keep your home as warm as possible even if you are out
- Ensure taps are turned off properly, especially last thing at night
- Know where the internal stop/tap valve is (usually under the kitchen sink) and how to turn it off
- In the event of a major loss out with our normal office hours please call our out of hours number 0345 604 4075. This number should be used for emergencies only not for general claims to be reported.